Monday 28 May 2012

Sketch a day

While I am a budding artist and I am in my comfort zone with paint and canvas, drawing has to be my weakness. I find it extremely hard to make marks on paper that I am happy with so I void it like the plague. Most people think that all professional artists are acomplished in drawing and sketching but this is just not so. There are so many ways to cheat the drawing process and get on with the painting that its easy to fool the uninitiated with graphite paper, tracedown, camera lucida, photographs and the grid technique.

So.................

I am plucking up the courage to better my drawing and sketching skills and one way I have though about this is to embark on a sketch a day programme. Taking out my sketch book everyday, drawing or sketching something and then posting the result on here for all to see.......

I am chewing my finger nails in fear and anxiety just writing about doing this....

okay deep breaths............ wish me luck

Check back regular for my sketch a day and my thoughts on the process' involved, for good or for bad I am going to do this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...